I’m Dhanusha Dhoorgalu, a 20-something-year-old based in Cape Town that’s sometimes going on 80. I started my blog about 3 years ago to help women of colour find beauty products that suit our skin tone.
I also love food, travel and wine so I incorporated that into my blog thereafter.
Whilst I love so many things in life, I recently started delving more into self-care. I found that many women don’t have the time or make the time to practice self-care. My aim is to help women who work a 9-5 and have a side hustle or both, learn how to practice self-care in their every day lives.
I started my YouTube channel about a year ago and I’m loving it hence my blog has been a little neglected but I am trying to get back into it.
I address my readers as ‘weirdos’ because I was always called weird but I embraced it. I believe that “thing” that makes you weird is what makes you unique; never hide it.
Fun facts about me:
• I’m left handed (yes, very smart).
• I’ve been vegetarian for over 15 years. I love broccoli!
• I hate milk but love cheese, especially blue cheese.
• I believe in aliens.
• I definitely think pineapple goes on pizza. 🍍
• I lived in Arlington, Virginia for a year.
• I was born and raised in Durban.
• I had braces for 5 years.
• I only listen to trance music.
• I sang at my sister’s wedding- apparently I have a good voice.
I hope you will join me on my my self-care journey.
xx Miss Dhanusha